Ideas needed for brake line thermal wrap

ok guys, finally bent my new passenger side (hard) brake line, and well
I was off by a little... I ended up with about 8 extra inches of line!
Anyway, it works, but now the line sits in FRONT of the little shield
going across the firewall, instead of behind it.  So I need something
slim to wrap around it to keep the exhaust manifold heat out.  Ideas?
I don't know much in terms of thermal wrap / insulators...

You can get the wrappable thermo-shield from a B3 Passat, it's in the
same location.

Peter
http://thescirocco.com
Feel free to call me between 11AM and 11PM - 302.832.8989.