Fox Intake benefits? (was: Torment! Mayhem! Engine Nudity!)

Hey Jeff,

The only real benefit I've found is the ability to have the larger TB
installed. If this is for a MKII the raintray dent issues I've seen
mentioned do not apply (at least in my experience).

The larger TB (be it Audi 5K, GTI, 16v) does have significant butt-dyno
appeal and follows the rule of better breathing/more power. I also did the
upgrade to a 4-2 ex. mani and new eurosport 2" exhaust w/ dual down pipe
at the same time so I CANNOT say that your result will be as nice as mine,
but it is one of the major cheapass upgrades that nets you more output.

By the by, the 16v TB will not work on the stock 8v JH intake due to
larger TB butterfly I believe.

As with all things, YMMV!  ;^}

Tim

narcolepulacyi, n.:
	The contagious action of yawning, causing everyone in sight
	to also yawn.
		-- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends