Wiper water pump TS

Whelp, after another run in the snow and salt, The pump gave out. I tried to
follow BIG trucks to catch the spray so I could keep the window clean. What
a mess.

I measured the voltage on the pump and read a fluctuating 11 something
volts.
I removed the pump and placed it across 12v and it spun like mad.
Thinking it was wiring, I pulled the connector from the control shafts in
the car and bridged 12V to the green/red wire. Whoopie! Pissers! (I tried to
be polite, but this is the best description)

I pulled the steering wheel, removed the control stalks and disassembled the
control for the pisser pump. Not much fun folks...
I found that the brass contacts had a coating of wax like stuff and a bit of
corrosion. An exacto knife and sand paper cleaned the contacts. I put it
back in and I have FULL STREAM PISSERS!

Ahhh. I feel much better  :)

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v