Timing light blinking

I was setting my timing this morning and I was wondering if  have a problem.  At idle, the timing light "blinks" every once and a while.  What I mean is, most of the flashes, show the timing mark just under the pointer on the transmission housing, but sometimes, the light flashes and one of the flywheel bolts is at the mark.  If I crank the idle up to about 1300, I don't get the "blinks".  does it sound like I have a issue?  BTW, I advanced things this morning from 8* to 13* BTDC.  I seem to have a little more on top.

Kervin