That '80 S in SF...

I have almost talked my parents into letting me buy it. My mom is
alright with it since I can front about half the money myself, they will
have to pay the rest which I will pay back as my piddly paycheck allows.
The hard part is convincing my dad to go on a 14 hour (each way) road
trip. Im thinking the spend time with your son, see some family
approach. However I can't contact the guy until both my parents are
onboard. And this is all assuming we can talk him down to $500 or $600
over e-mail. My point is: keep a future VW addict in mind over the next
few days.
 --Jacob