filling in holes (need info)

The bondo will "key", much like the way oldschool plaster "keys" with
the lathing.  If you're going this route, it might be better to dent the
area slightly so you're not removing the bondo right to the hole when
you sand.  I'm not suggesting taking a sledgehammer or anything to it,
just a tap with a ballpeen hammer...

If you want to do this right though you should weld up the holes and
metalfinish, then skim with bondo...

Mark.
75
80 S