Broken front mount again... HELP!!!

You better check your rear mount.  If you are chewing up the front one it is most likely that your rear mount is bad or broken, or miss adjusted placing undo wear on the front one.  You are lucky the mount is failing and not the front cross member cracking, although that will be next.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Euroroc II <flaatr@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mar 15, 2004 10:16 AM
To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Broken front mount again... HELP!!!

So I destroyed another front mount on a run yesterday... this one was a TT
insert that was only 3 weeks old. I killed one a few months back but I
figured that it was because it was old so I really didn't think too much of
it but this one was new and failed the same way. I drive a mkII with a 2.0L 16V

What could cause these rubber mounts to break so quickly?

-Raffi