Adjustable Cam Sprocket Install (another long tech post)

Damn man your over thinking, and complicating things....lol you sure you
ain't Larry long lost brother?

1. to change cam for adjustable, loosen tensioner, pull on the timing belt,
change cam, and reinstall in reverse, check your marks you should be fine.

2. changign the timing belt is a little of a pain, but better pain in the
butt than a possible (see picture link) all intake valves bent because you
did not want to change the belt.

http://ats.longcoeur.com/various/16v%20timing%20belt/P5120026.JPG
http://ats.longcoeur.com/various/16v%20timing%20belt/P5120027.JPG

3. Well rule of thumb is wheny ou change your timing belt you change your
tensionner, because it is usually the tensionner that locks up and creates
the situation about the timing belt blowing up and resulting head damage.
But I have reused a tensionner afetr only 10K miles without a problem *was
changing heads*

4. cam bolt hold the sprocket in place, about 80lbs (no I don't have my
bentley on me, I could be wrong on the number) holds it in place, you only
need to remove thtat bolt to get the sprocket off. And yes if you leave the
belt on... Chance are the sprocket will skip over the teeth when trying to
loosen the bolt.

5. changing seal only required a small amoutn of patience. And read the
procedure in the ebntley to realize there is not much to it.
---
ATS - Patrick Bureau -  Web site :
http://ats.longcoeur.com]http://ats.longcoeur.com
AIM: texasscirocco - Yahoo: atsgtx - ICQ: 32918816 - MSN: atsgtx@hotmail.com