Evans Coolant

Got some Evans NPG+ "non-aqueous polypropylene glycol coolant" Friday
at Pineapple Racing, which is out near the Costco store off of Airport
Way in East Portland.  The guys there were super nice, and they said
they love the stuff, they use it in all of the race Mazdas they build,
as well as their DDs.  These guys were as enthusiatic about rotary
Mazdas as we are about Sciroccos.  I bought two gallons, at $25 apiece.
Their recommendation is to drain your existing system as much as
possible; using a wet shop-vac and compressed air is helpful, as David
U. also suggested. Alternately, refill your system with Sierra
Antifreeze at 100%, which is similar in composition (aqueous
polypropylene glycol) to help rid your system of water, and then drain
again and refill with Evans at 100%.

I found an awesome write-up about using 100% Polypropylene, courtesy of
Jan's VW Pages, about two-thirds of the way down
http://www.nwlink.com/~vdb/vw/Engine/Anti_Freeze
Did someone send me this link? Thanks, if so.

Haven't had the chance to put the new stuff in yet, ~85% Sierra in right
now trying to flush all that water out, ya know?  I think I'll have
another shot at doing my thermostat and maybe PS pump as well after I
get the car back from the frame shop, who will likely be removing the
radiator anyways.

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
     '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L