Motronic to Digi Conversion - 2.0l conversions

Comments inline:

Rick Kellner said:
> Eric was kind enough to post the Vortex site to the Motronic/Digi site
> (also below).  After reading the posts it has generated some questions:
>
> I noticed on the Vortex post that some people asking about CIS-E to digi
> conversions too.  Are they putting CIS-E in the same 'headache' category
> as Motronic?  Or are they looking for higher fuel delivery and pulsed
> injection?

Its still CIS with a bunch of electronic crap tossed on it to try and make
it more efficient...I hear alot of complaints about CIS-E...but the real
reason people go to Digi1 is usually for a cheap fuel system that can
handle boost.  However, there are a couple of people on the list that are
running Digi1 on thier NA cars.

> I noticed that this conversion uses the Corrado Digi I as the 'donor'.
> Has anyone used the basic Jetta Digi II or is the Corrado the only
> option?  Corrado parts are not cheap, whole Jettas are cheap.

Digi1 and Digi2 are quite different systems...main differences are:  Digi1
uses a MAP sensor, Digi2 uses a MAF.   Digi1 is easily modable, and
chippable, Digi2 is notorious for not responding to mods well, and only
one chip out there (and I think it replaces the whole ECU, for very
minimal gains).

> Is the major benefit of Motronic the ability to 'chip' it? I am
> wondering if similar results can be obtained with CIS and fuel
> enrichment.  Also the 'chip' removed the rev-limiter which CIS-E
> doesn't' have anyway.

CIS-E does have a rev limiter as I understand it...fuel cutoff built into
the fuel pump relay. (on some cars).  But yes, people swapped to Motronic
cause it was a more efficient system that could be chipped.  I hate it,
but thats just me...

> I have also included a site showing the simple fuel enrichment.  As soon
> as someone comes up with a place to post, Marc has the schematic to the
> more sophisticated unit.
>
> http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=937130   (Mo/Digi)
>

> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lot/8341/Tech/CIS-E.html  (Fuel
> Enrichment)

Have Marc email me, I'll host the stuff.

Still, I think even with enrichment modules, it was proven that CIS-E
still is lean in high RPMs....atleast thats what I remember hearing.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v
81 Scirocco S (TDI Swap project)
90 Corrado TDI
91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow swap project)