Sourced an Audi Oil Cooler

<snip Patrick>
You mean like this unit ?

<http://ats.longcoeur.com/various/audi5000_oilcooler.JPG>
<end snip>
 Is oil temp really a regular problem for people?  What kind of oil temps
are you trying to reach?  I'm running a lower temp thermostat and fan switch
on my mostly stock 16v.  In the winter, the 10w-40 runs 100-110C.  In the
summer, the 20w-50 runs 100-110C.  Granted, the PNW doesn't see some of the
temperature extremes of Texas, but I would run 20w-50 in Los Angeles year
round with the same results.  Maybe I'm missing the point, but what's the
advantage of running oil temps below water's boiling point?

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v