Fuel pumps

To test the transfer pump

1) Remove backseat
2) gain access to top of the fuel tank through the round port
3) disconnect the outlet hose
4) connnect a hose of 1ft to the outlet side of the tank
5) but hose end of the 1ft hose in a glass jar or bottle (may want a friend to hold it in there)
6) jump the FP relay for 10 seconds
7) measure the amount of expelled fuel (pint or greater is good else replace)

Also if the intermitent stalling hapaens when you have less than 1/2 tank, that is a good indication that the hose between the transfer pump and outlet side is cracked and allowing air in the lines.

Brian

Chad Eatock <ceatock@sympatico.ca> wrote:
I think Aaron said something about the in tank fuel pump....I can here a buzzing noise coming from one of my pumps...I thought it was the main pump under the passenger side....but this back seat thing may change that a bit! Does the simple fact that you can hear the pump buzzing mean its pooched?
Chadster '87 16v