Unwanted messages?

This would be the 1.6 turbo diesel Scirocco.  The KKK03 turbo is off a 1.9
and the wastegate is set at 12psi - compared to the stock 10 for the 1.6.
Regrettably at high rpm/boost the wastegate is restrictive enough to cause
enough boost creep to push boost as high as 15 psi - which appears to be
more than the stock head gasket can stand, even for short periods of time.
I really need to redesign the downpipe to include a straight path for the
wastegate exhaust, but the "other" turbo project (200tqa) is going to
preclude that from happening any time soon.

I'm initimately familliar with the guts of this engine, but thanks for the
offer... :)  If I do have to go around this again, I'm seriously
considering a 1.9 head gasket, which is multi-layer steel instead of
fibre - but if I can get it to limp through until the Audi is ready to
roll then the car will likely end up parked and I'll be riding shotgun in
someone else's Scirocco to Cincy this year (Cathy, are you
listening???!!!)

Drew