From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Brad Sterling
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 3:19 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: [OT] Need suggestions for a sport wagon

Hi all,

	This is completely non-Roc, so delete now if off topic posts
bother you.

	So, my wife drives a 2002 GTI VR6 (201 hp, 6-speed).  We
recently had our first kid and are thinking we need to get something
with four doors.  The size of the GTI is fine, it's just difficult
getting the kid in and out of the center of the back seat.  So, I'm
looking for suggestions on what to look at.  Here are some
requirements:

- No SUVs (SAVs, IAVs, etc.)
- No sedans
- Must have a moonroof
- Must be a manual tranny
- Must have leather
- Must ride more like the a sporty car (ala GTI) than a luxury sedan

Cars we've already considered and have mostly dismissed:
- 2004 Jetta wagon (can't get the V6 in the wagon, TDI is 5 seconds
slower than the GTI)
- 2004 Subaru Outback (no moonroof on the wagon)
- 2004 Subaru Forester XT (leather is only an option for the
automatic)
- 2004 Subaru WRX (no moonroof on the wagon)
- 2001 Audi S4 Avant (although not completely dismissed, it's 900 lbs
heavier than the GTI and it felt real heavy)

We just found out that Passats come in a stick shift (I thought they
were all autos), but are concerned it will ride like it's S4/A4
sister.  We also still need to see if we can option up a 4-door Golf
to be a GTI equivalent.

So any ideas?  New or late model, please. The wife finds confidence in
the car being newer.  Feel free to reply to me directly, so as not to
clog the list.  Thanks in advance.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v