what's the fastest you've ever taken your Scirocco?

The fastest I've been was in my old "Mars" 81S (now owned by Peter in DE)

This was with the TT1847cc 8V with headwork, a G-grind and a few other mods.
(this engine is now in "Cosmos"

According to the rpm speed calculator on Scirocco.org:

With 195/55/14's and the original FF gearbox at just a hair under 6K + ~134mph.

This was on flat ground and took a couple miles to achieve.
I would not recommend trying this if it is windy tho'...I had a hard time
keeping her in one lane due to light wind buffeting.

HTH,

Randy B
1981 Scirocco S - TT1847cc 8V (Cosmos)
2003 Subaru WRX Wagon (Sonic)