what's the fastest you've ever taken your Scirocco?

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Patrick Bureau wrote:

> 205-50-15, 3.67 FD, .89 5th gear @ 6600 RPM = 138 MPH/223 KPH
> But at 7000 RPM I would be going 148MPH (my next goal)

Good luck with that endeavour - but may I suggest you abandon the 2L 8V
project in favour of one that makes decent power at those RPMS.  The GTI
R32 needs 6 cylinders, 24 valves, 3.2L and 240ish HP to hit 150mph, and
the A4 drag coefficient, at .32 is .6 lower than the Mk2 Scirocco.

> Note the same specs (205-50-15, 3.65FD, @ 6600RPM  but .75 5th = 165 MPH..
> Hummm I do have that FN laying around on the 82.. MUAHAHAH

Perhaps a twin(engined) turbo Scirocco could hope for that, but ... ;)

Drew

84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco
	http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant
99 A3 Jetta TDI