MkII Wind resistance: 8v vs 16v body kit was: Friday -what's the fastest you've ever taken your Scirocco?

Actually, it is the opposite.

The stock 16V body kit is good for one mile per gallon at normal highway
speed.

VW has one of the best wind tunnel in the industry. If manufacturers are to
add some body kit to their cars, and have them legally for sale in Germany,
they have to prove to the german government DMV (T?V?) that it improves the
aerodynamic of the car. Some kind of a law regarding this.

So with the same motor, top speed for a MK2 Scirocco will be higher with a
stock 16V body kit.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco