Friday - what's the fastest you've ever taken your Scirocco?

Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:22:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Dan Smith
Subject: Re: Friday - what's the fastest you've ever taken your Scirocco?

I got up to 117mph in my old stock 16v. I think it felt smoother at that speed then it did cruising at 70! It could have gone a lot faster, but I had already gotten 1 speeding ticket that day... In the mk1, I don't know how fast I got up to, but it took about 4sec for the needle to unpin itself from 85mph when I let my foot off the gas and coasted. I've always wanted to go really fast, but I seem to have the misfortune of getting caught for most anything I do.

Dan
The Bad Luck Bears got nothing on me

Aaron <aaron@brixtonhill.demon.co.uk> wrote:
If you were really that close to the GSR you'd be harnessing some
pretty dramatic slip-streaming effects surely? Maybe your speedo is
more accurate than you think

Aaron in London