CV Joints / Cap / Rotor

I knew if anyone would have a rebuttle it would be you. I really only needed
to replace ONE cv and so I was comparing a quoted price of $87 for ONE cv
versus $77 for a reman axle. Geeesh...

>From: "L F" <rocco16v@netzero.net>
>To: "Jon Palm" <scirokn@hotmail.com>,<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: CV Joints / Cap / Rotor
>Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:27:16 -0800
>
>Huh?
>   I just did my DS axle this weekend.
>Reman: $78 exchange (four years ago at AutoZone)
>Two new CV's: $200 (last week at VeeParts)
>
>After arguing with some of the listers two years ago on the advantages of
>the reman, I saw the light and went with the new CV joints.  In pulling the
>old inner CV off (this was a reman that was being replaced), I noticed that
>the remanufacturer had installed the cupped inner washer backwards and had
>used a much-too-light-duty circlip to hold it all together.
>  My most sincere apologies to those on the list who I thought were
>completely full of it last year....you were correct.
>
>Larry
>

>  I went with a whole axle assembly
>since the cost difference between reman axles and NEW cv's just was not
>that
>big.
>   Jon

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx