Sewing Skills [was Re: [tech] need to repair top

My favorite heavy duty stitcher is the Tippman "Boss" that will sew from
the lighter upholstery and canvas up to 3/4" thick. Not a cheap machine, it
is available either air or hand powered (individual strokes for accurate
sewing). I haven't fitted any dresses with it yet, but we always consider
special orders.

There isn't too much we can't stitch to a VW. Yes, we are looking at
leather covered dash repairs for Porsche 911 series and Sciroccos. That is
a  true challenge. It would be classy and more durable, but not
original.  There are methods to apply, but we honestly do not have a total
solution to that yet. (No requests for deposits. Please do not send money.)
Mine will be the first.

Regarding Sciroccos or any other VWs, we have also been working with
leather covered molded plastics as accessories. The leather can actually be
stitched over  molded plastic.
Pretty neat technique.

First thing to mind is the fact that Sciroccos didn't have cup holders. My
favorite blonde also wants cupholders for her 911SC collection.  Since we
are not driving them here on the Georgia Autobahn, I'm trying to design a
good cup holder: something other than a truck stop plastic job that flops
from a window slot.

Also working on leather shift boots (real leather:not trash, and of
optional colours) for Porsche and VW.

Any other suggestions for Scirocco leather designs, including over formed
plastic to match interior would be considered,  including custom.

Plug:http://www.pwlusa.com/