Sewing Skills [was Re: [tech] need to repair top

At 01:32 PM 03/02/2004 -0800, L F wrote:
>Ha!  You, obviously, still live with your mother.

Larry,

I'm must be one or more of the following:
         1.  George Costanza
         2.  a guy with a lot of shirts with one or more missing buttons
         3.  a guy who resorted to calling 1-800- to buy a BUTTONEER, for
"temporary" repairs
         4.  a guy who, when someone points out a missing button,
reflexively responds "Wow, it must have just fallen off!

Chris

PS  I think I am going to hone my sewing skills by trying to make and
replace the "leatherette" panels on a GTI's seats. If that works, then it
will be on to the Scirocco seats. I need to find a sewing machine that is
cheap but tough enough for upholstery.