[tech] need to repair top

The thread sizes most commonly used for sewing leather, harnesses, and
parachutes are graded 207, 277, 346 with 346 being the heavier of the three.
For a top, 207 or 277 should be about right.
They are available from various suppliers in a multitude of colors.
I recommend just doing a Google search to find the nearest and best supplier.
The stuff normally comes in 1 lb spools, which is a lot of thread, but I'm
sure you can find smaller quantities.