16v and 8v fuel pump relays - interchangeable?

The test in the Bentley is slightly different when testing the 16v and
8v fuel pump relay.  I've always thought that they were the same
(assuming xfer pump on the 8v).

According to the test, the fuel pump relay is toast in the cabby.  I
tried to pop in the 16v relay and the car still didn't run (nor did I
hear the typical fuel pump whine).  Did it possibly not work because
it's a 16v relay?  If you don't know, say yes so I have some hope left!

Thanks,

koabi