From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of David Utley
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:04 AM
To: ats@longcoeur.com; 'Allyn'; 'VwDude Van'; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: Re: anyone ever try these shims for the rear ?
adjustingcamber/tow

> From: "ATS - Patrick Bureau" <ats@longcoeur.com>
> Date: 2004/06/23 Wed AM 11:33:38 EDT
> To: <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>,
> 	"'Allyn'" <amalventano@sc.rr.com>,
> 	"'VwDude Van'" <phfatvw@yahoo.com>,
> 	<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: RE: Re: anyone ever try these shims for the rear ?
adjustingcamber/	tow

> Think about it for a moment
>
> 8v rear axle with 8v stub hubs with 1' shims on both wheels = good aligned
> 8v rear axle with 16v stub hub with no shims on both wheels = good aligned
>
> What changed? Stub hub + shims
>

> --------------------------------------
> ATS - Patrick Bureau - Canuck in Texas
> ATS A1 Parts on ebay - http://tinyurl.com/22e5b

Where are these figures coming from?

Is this more than one experience, or just one car?

Does this allow for the fact that many (Including the one on my car
presently) rear beams are bent, therefore will need more or less adjustment
depending on their damage?  (I had one side that was badly tweaked, and I
replaced it with another that appears more straight)...

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
  David

Cheers,