Vegie oil

Would that be Mazola or store brand, 100% or 93%?

Drew <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 11:23, Matthew Kogan wrote:
> If you want some serious Fuel mileage check this out. http://www.greasecar.com/index.cfm
>
> One of the guys involved is a friend of mine. He claims he just put 3+K miles, yes thats 3000+ on one tank of gas! Now that's some serious mileage.

Pfft. 3000 miles on a tank of gas is nothing. I've driven my Scirocco
80,000km (roughly 50,000 miles) and burned abosultely NO gas. Zero,
zip, nada, not a drop.

Dude, the Greasecar and other dual fuel SVO conversions are diesels, not
gassers... :)

Burning vegetable oil in a diesel is not new, either - the engine was
originally designed and built to burn peanut oil, and was modified to
burn petroleum distillates after Herr Diesel's mysterious disappearance
while crossing the English Channel (conspiracy theory music please...)

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant