Fire or Ice? (removing A1 sound-deadening adhesive paper)

> From: "Jeff Toomasson" <area53@validpath.com>
> Date: 2004/06/22 Tue PM 11:59:32 EDT
> To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Fire or Ice? (removing A1 sound-deadening adhesive paper)
>
> I remember a while back that some had success using dry ice on this stuff and then chipping it away (using a cold chisel I assume?). Others used a torch.
>
> Anybody done both and have a preference?  :)    I have both a torch and dry ice at my disposal...
>
> thanks, Jeff

I am prolly not the norm (rarely am I), but I did not need either one on the GTI...  I just scrapped it up.  I did have to use some 3M adhesive remover to get the gorilla snot off the edges ( you will see what I mean if you do not already understand ).  I recommend using shop rags (red cloth) to scrub the adhesive off with, doused with the remover of course...

Hope that helps, and no hard feelings...

Cheers,
  David

Cheers,
  David Utley