Can a relay go bad? (heat soak related)

I think I have 2 spare auto-starters Ill check.

My Cabrio and scirocco have a sheild but they are a
b-i-a-t-c-h to remove...

--- Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- "John C. Worden" <scirocco@prexar.com> wrote:

> > >Yes it is!!!...and nothing from the penutt
> > galery...
> > >
> > Hmm, it can be the relay then if it's getting
> tired
> > or it too is
> > getting hot, but it wouldn't surprise me if your
> > starter is going
> > bad either.  It's usually the solenoid that goes
> > fwiw.
>
> Im going to check the conections and replace the
> relay. Like ATS did with a radiator fan relay aprox
> $3.95
>
> I do hope that it is not the starter. I while back I
> let go of an ebay sale for a starter for Auto
> Scirocco(it went for $13.00). You dont see those
> everyday unused and cheap.....
>
> Oh well I should keep you guys updated....BTW do the
> auto sciroccos have a special type of heat shield on
> the starter? ANyone have a pic?
>
> Gracias,
> Tony

=====
ATS - Patrick Bureau - '85 3A/JH 2L 102.5 WHP Scirocco.
'86 8v White, '82 1.7L Carbed,  '78 Gti 8v and  '81 S Project.
Email: ats@longcoeur.com - Web: http://ats.longcoeur.com/
See what I am selling today on ebay: HTTP://tinyurl.com/22e5b