Can a relay go bad? (heat soak related)

I used a radiator fan relay (30amps) works liek a
charm on the cabrio and easy to install (15mins)

--- David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> The heatshield is a good thing to have, it does
> work.  I deleted it once on ex-wifes' car, and
> promptly put it back...  :-(  Not a fun job by ANY
> measure...
>
> The relay should just be a weather proof 25A (IIRC)
> relay...  Hell, the kit is cheap enough, you might
> just buy a new kit, as the wiring may or may not be
> the culprit.  Also, although it would have nothing
> to do with heatsoak, how long has it been since you
> replaced your ignition switch (electrical protion)?
>
> HTH
>
> David
>
> Cheers,
>   David Utley
>
> ---Chrome don't get you home.---

=====
ATS - Patrick Bureau - '85 3A/JH 2L 102.5 WHP Scirocco.
'86 8v White, '82 1.7L Carbed,  '78 Gti 8v and  '81 S Project.
Email: ats@longcoeur.com - Web: http://ats.longcoeur.com/
See what I am selling today on ebay: HTTP://tinyurl.com/22e5b