JH 8v barely runs suddenly

I would check your positive battery leads and see if they are all good and strong.  I just figured out why mine has been loosing gas mileage over the last year...  Positive cable was slowly severing itself with engine rock...

I have more power than I know what to do with...  Top end before was prolly 102 mph, now I can exceed 110 mph, and without an aftermarket cam!  :-)
HTH

David