Latest drama with the cold hard bitch

Having trouble filling the barn with other
> > people's A1s are we? (HOW many are you "storing" at the moment?)
>
>Only two.  The rest belong to me... (muhahahhahha)

See, I know your evil ways. I tried it with the Mad Bastard's pretty MkI
Jetta, but it wasn't disabled enough, damn.

> > Hey, wait, I get it now. By the time I drove it that far, I'd be half
>stoned
> > from the gas, no telling what could happen. So no, I'm passing on that
>plan.
> > But it WAS a good try.
>
>Damn. Foiled again... :)

You see, waiting for the first buzz of the day to wear off before posting
was a good thing.

>You already HAVE 3...

But I'd like three that run...or I'd like the third one to have a floor at
least.

Okay, but on to the important event of the day. Apparently if your coil
tests out weak you should replace it.....Let's just say the days of blinking
once during first gear are over (no time for that blink anymore) and the
weakness above 5000rpm is SO gone. I couldn't stop laughing the first five
miles or so, and the car was strong enough with the half dead coil. Yeah
baby! That's what I'm talking about...
It was a bit scary since I put the new coil in this evening, then HAD to
take it for a run, and there were all these damn slow cars in my way (well,
they were likely doing the limit) and there was the ever present danger of
Bambi and all her Raccoon friends, so I had to keep it to a dull roar. OMG
it was fun.
(Tech: There are tests for resistance in the Bentley that I did last fall to
determine the coil was out of spec. But I ingored that since the car ran
okay and the coil isn't free. The other thing was that  despite 2.0 second
60 ft times, the car's ETs were still mid 15s, slower than it had once been.
So something was up at the top end. There are some distinct advantages to
time trialing your car on a regular basis, that same sort of info gained me
a second in the Beetle, I had hard proof that the car was ailing)
I had to turn the stereo off to hear the most beautiful music there is, the
sweet sound of the 16V screaming. Pathetic, but so are half of you eh?

Cathy
Happy Arctic Blue Metallic 1987 16V 2L with many of the trimmings and a
leaky fuel tank
Hummingbird Green 1979 8V patiently waiting for his turn to be fast, losing
about 30lbs tomorrow...
Porsche Red 1980 8V donating organs so others may live, sad as it was, it
always started
and some other scrap metal

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*