Test drove a NB today

So I've been thinking about picking up another car (like I need a 5th car)
so that I can take the rocco off the road for a much needed engine rebuilt,
motor mount replacement and exhaust replacement (cracked downpipes are teh
suck).  So I went to try out a 00' NB turbo today at a local lot.  I must
say that I have a bit more respect for the 1.8t in that car, but over all
I'm totally not impressed.  Knowing damn good and well that it's not going
to handle like the rocco I figred I'd see what it would do.

I found that it like to plow and was easy to oversteer.  I can't complain
about the normal ride, it's much nicer then my lowered rocco, but how the
hell do you get used to the 3 1/2 feet of dash in that thing?!  I dunno, it
left me feeling very remote sitting in the drivers seat.  Over all not a bad
car, but it's definitly not something I want to drive on a regular basis.  I
will say one thing.  That car had a lot of balls even with the A/C at full
blast.  All I could think at first is "man, I should buy this and swap the
engine into my rocco." but something tells me that the wife (who will
ultimately end up with whatever car I pick up) would get really pissed about
having the first PL 16v NB.  So the search continues.  I'm thinking I should
look at a 94~96 jetta glx next and try my hand with the mighty vr6.
Something that can hual the family, has 4 doors, but also has the power to
allow for play time when the wife isn't looking.  Any thoughts to advantages
of a jetta/passat over the NB?  I'm all ears.

Also, I'm wanting to change the exhaust on the rocco (88' 16v) but I'd like
to keep that stock twin muffler pipe look.  Something about that just seems
to make the car in my mind.  I'd prefer to keep the cat (don't have
emissions where I live, but sooner or later it will happen) but I want
something that will help the car breath a bit.  So, what say the list for a
nice replacement system that looks stock, sounds beefy and still has that
sassy twin pipe look in the back?

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v