Air Horns

> From: Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2004/06/17 Thu AM 07:38:41 EDT
> To: T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
> CC: Scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: Air Horns
>
> --- T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > Oh, and don't forget to relay the horn- maximum
> > performance can be had
> > by eliminating spool up time; two things lead to
> > this, providing as
> > good a power path (and grounding) as possible AND
> > keeping the air
> > hoses between pump & horns as short as possible.
> >
> > Other wise you get this momentary lag between the
> > time you hit the
> > button and when the sound comes out.
>
> The set up that I bought brings a relay and also the
> trumpets mount to the compresor so that there is no
> hose involved. 2 of the reasons I bid on that set of
> horns. Placement maybe a little trickier for the unit,
> but the response from the horns will be there!
>

> Con Sabor,
> Tony

I had a set of air horns for a while, until recently...  The placement is a bit more problematic because of the fact you have to mount the compressor and the horns.  They were very loud, when they worked.  The fact that I had them for only about a year, and the difficulty in mounting pushed me to decide to buy a pair of Hella H/D electric horns.  I found a new pair on Ebay for 65.00, I am just saving up.  118dbs, and they are electric, so they -should- last lnoger...  We will see...

David

Cheers,
  David Utley

---Chrome don't get you home.---