Hood latch cable

Have you tried adjusting the rubber button on the side that is not "popping"
up.  Try turning it to lengthen it. This may help pop the hood.  The down
side is that it may take a bit more of a "slam" to close the hood.
GL.
-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
95 Passat Sedan VR6
Second Owner

My hood is not unlatching easily when I pull the hood
release lever/cable. Usually one side is releasing but not the driver's
side. I tried greasing the two points where the hood latches.

Anything else I can do, or is it time for a new hood release cable?

Thanks
Ed

87 16v