aftermarket/urethane Mk2 Front strut bearings/mounts

> From: Dan Lionberg <danlionberg@earthlink.net>
> Does anyone know a supplier for aftermarket, beefed-up upper strut bearings/mounts for my 88 rocc? I'm overdue on replacement and haven't been though a "wear cycle" of these things yet, but hear it is rediculously short - like <20K or 30K miles before noticeable play. Mine are OLD. My suspension is very tight/stiff otherwise so I'm sure it only reduces the life more.

> Anyone? Anything? Or am I stuck with the soft, fast-wearing OEM's ????

Dan,
  I bought a pair of early (as in 75 or 76 strut bushings, Rabbit) strut bushings from jman on Vortex.  He sources them overseas.  He only sells the ones that have life left.  The design is superior, it has a rubber ring that truly s-e-p-a-r-a-t-e-s the the upper and lower bearing plates.  I think I spent 70. for mine, but they are clean and painted silver...

HTH

David

PS-If you speak to him, tell him I sent you...

Cheers,
  David Utley

---Chrome don't get you home.---