Interesting auction...

ATS wrote:

> Oh there you go reading into it, its simply the oldest trick to use the
> multiple passenger lane on the highway, stick a mannequin into the passenger
> seats and go zooming past all the daily traffic.

When I was in California I had 2 different co-workers doing this, 2
different methods.  One, a woman, had a child seat in her SUV with a toy
baby strapped in.. VERY clever.  Finally got busted with it.  $276 fine
in California for HOV lane violation.  HOwever for some stupid reason,
it's not a moving violation and as such adds no points to your driving
record.

Another guy I worked with bought a mannequin called "Safety Buddy", sold
under the guise of preventing carjackings, but we all know the real
purpose of this "buddy".  He too eventually got pinched.

On a semi-related note, I got pulled over by the Arizona Highway Patrol
up in the mountains yesterday, clocked doing 52 in a 40 zone and with a
brake light out.  Probably nicest cop I've ever encountered, had
questions about the GTI, talked about the VW engineers test driving in
the mountains, and let me slide with a written warning.  That would
NEVER happen nowadays in California.

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ