Was:FF vs FO tranny, now: 70's mods

Okay, now here's one for you, if you remember 1979. What were the hot
modifications in 1979? I'm giving consideration to restoring Klaus to
original/upgraded condition, and would like to know what the "vintage
appropriate" mods were. (aesthetic and performance) Anyone got links to
articles from the day? Just curious. WAS there even an aftermarket for these
cars back then? There sure was for muscle cars. Just curious.
Cathy