FF vs FO tranny

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:06:05 -0400 "Allyn" <amalventano@sc.rr.com>
writes:
> FF/FN/FO have identical gearing (according to etka)
> the FO is the oldest of the 3 though (came in 78/79 vws)
> hth
> Al
I would not bet the farm on ETKA here, I know some of the data is
incorrect.

For instance, there was no 5 speed in 1978 - VW debuted it in 1979 model
year (I remember the excitement and anticipation at the dealer about the
5spd!).

The year data for the 9A is also incorrect.

Mash
1987 Scirocco 16V, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco (was an S), 1978 Scirocco
www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm