city light bulb alternatives

OK - I've finally gathered the necessary momentum required to convert my
city lights to daytime running lights (the Canadians will understand.)

I figure if I can get 15 watt bulbs (or maybe 20) into the city light
locations of my Euros, that will be sufficient to serve as DRLs.

So what am I looking for?  Preferably NA (natural amber) bulbs that fit in
the stock city light holders that are 10,15 or 20 watts.  Anything more
than the stock 2 (or is it 4?) watt.

I am willing to modify a different style of bulb holder if necessary, and
would appreciate any BTDT's that anyone has.  The downside is most
sidemarker lights don't appear to be anything more than 5 watts, and
higher water bulbs don't fit in the damned little city light holes.

Anyone done any messing around with their city lights?

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant