From: Brett Van Sprewenburg [mailto:brett@netacc.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 6:27 PM
To: Rick Kellner
Cc: The Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Motronic Conversion - wiring question

>I am looking for input from the people that have experience with
>Motronic conversions.  I am trying to determine what to do with some of
>the inputs to the ECU that will not match up to the Scirocco.  In
>particular I am looking for information on the Speed Signal (from
>Speedometer) and the input from the Automatic Transmission Selector
>Switch.  I believe, and would like confirmation, that the Automatic
>Selector Switch input only allows the motor to be started in park; this
>input only needs a simple ground to over-ride.  I am finding less
>information on the Speed Signal input; what type of input is it
>monitoring and what have people done to make this signal work in our
>cars?
>
>Thanks, Rick Kellner.

Did you read the tech procedure for doing a cis-e to motronic
converstion
on scirocco.org?

The short answer, is that the speed sensor is not necessary for the
conversion
to work.  I believe it was used for what you state as well as an input
for
the cruise control, and an input to the optional ABS.

==Brett