Motronic-- Why do I need the Fuel Injector Adapters?

The adapters are because the injectors have a different thread.  So, in
order to use the Motronic injectors (which you'll need because they pop at a
different pressure) and adapt them to your existing fuel lines then you'll
need to use the adapters.

Now, what I would do is convert to the passenger fuel system and take
advantage of the better flowing 42.5 mm stock U.S. intake (off of the
Golf/Passat/Jetta) and the better entry angle of the throttle body then you
can use the stock motronic fuel lines, air box (slightly modified), fuel
distributor and lines.  It's not that tough to do then you could sell that
40mm Scirocco 90 degree intake for mint as people want them for swaps.  Then
if you ever want to upgrade to the euro intake, it won't cost you an arm and
a leg, just an arm.  I've seen the passenger side euro intakes go for $125
on ebay.  The only reasons why I can see someone NOT doing this is because
they want their car to look stock and are showing it (even though motronic
isn't stock) or they just don't know how easy it is to do.  You could also
pick up a few more horses by popping a hole in the passenger fender and
getting one of those cool little scoops for catching the coldest air.  I
think with a 2.0L 16v slightly modded with cams and some head work and
exhaust running a chipped motronic system (pass. side fuel system) would
probably be right up there in the neighborhood of 175+ hp (probably closer
to 200)  This was my next step on my Rabbit but since it was wrecked I have
two sets of motronic systems one with a unused TT chip.  I believe I have
intakes as well as throttle bodies and ignition systems.  Anyone interested
LMK!

Dave