Vegas, Baby! WAS: Cincy 2005 - Start Planning NOW

Sorry for the thread jackage, Tosh hehe

>Euroroc II <flaatr@yahoo.com> wrote
>Vegas is cool....
>But I really like the Salt Flats idea!!!
Yeah, we could have called it ROCC SALT. I did some quick google research and found that you can drive on the flats, but, and that's a *big* but, there is no auto service for miles, so we'd have to figure out a support/recovery system as well as shelter, water and other people type services. No doubt a 20 wide wall of Sciroccos barrelling down the flats would be a sight to see (like all those cool commercials). It could be done, but I don't have the camping and survival skills to figure out the logistics of holding a GTG in the middle of nowhere (literally). I thought at least there would be some touristy trap town nearby to gear up, that way we could meet there, caravan en masse to the site, shoot the pics/videos do your donuts, mash the pedal, drag, whatever, then get the h out. If someone knows the flats better, chime in, please... not ruling Rocc Salt out, but it would require some major coordination. I'd love to see it come to fruition, if even for just one event.

Now, Vegas, OTOH, I have intimate (pun intended) knowledge of. Plenty of everything for everyone, plus an Auto Zone on every corner. Definitely don't want to steal Cincy's thunder, so a meet later in the year sounds good, plus the weather should be more hospitable, because a Scirocco with working A/C is rare thing, indeed.  At least it's not on the edge of the continent, so more people can make the trek (hopefully the Northern contingent is willing to bear the extra miles). It would be very cool if we could time it to coincide with a convention like CES or SEMA. Anyone got any other date suggestions? Any easterly people entertaining the thought? You don't count, Kevin. NV is like 2 min from your house ;^)