From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of fahrvegnugen@cox.net
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 10:33 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: (2) Mk1 Sciroccos for sale... :-(

Well,
  I was afraid that this moment would come.

  One reason why I was looking for a Mk1 with a sunroof so hard was because
I knew that I would have to justify the two cars I have already (parts).
The fella that is host to both (Don, the english mechanic I often reference
in my postings), is tired of my flock being thicker than his...  :-)

  SO, both are up for sale...  I have no pics at this point, but I will have
them before long...  Details as follows...

'79 or '78 (can't remember).  White, rust bucket.  Many good interior parts,
which is the reason why I bought it.  I was told it has a newer windshield,
but I never checked (I only drove it once).  Rust on both fenders, and right
rocker (bad).  I drove it to where it sits, but it now has no fuel pump or
exhaust.  It ran poor, but I was told that it had a good engine (I have
several of those anyways).  Fairly good Kamei front spoiler, both bumpers in
good shape.  Good rubber on original 13s...

'81, white, good straight body.  Has been sitting for ten years.  Presently
it has no rear axle underneath it as that is how I got it.  I have the axle,
and it will be mounted and a roller by the time of sale.  Interior is a
write-off, the OK sun is killer.  I have not found any rust on this car at
all.  The engine is there, but the tranny is not.

  The original plan was to put these two cars together to make one good one,
but I have changed my ever-more-fickle mind.  I was talking with George a
while back about trading him my truck for his mk1, and I kept thinking, do I
really need two hatch backs?  No.  I love the way the rust bucket drove, but
I do not have the time nor the space to devote energy to it.  A pickup is
abundantly more practical at the moment...

  Patrick, if your flock is not already too thick, I think you are the most
likely candidate for these...  :-)  All interested parties, please contact
me directly.  If there be need for flames, flame gently, I am not looking
forward to this...

Cheers,
  David Utley