An Email From the Turn Signal Shop

At the request of the shop making the turn signals, I am posting this
to the list.....

Here is a link to the color swatch he is talking about:

http://www.funksoulkitty.org/turnsignals/
grayscaletranspwithbackground.jpg

And here is the info he sent me with the color swatch:

"It should?be just a black looking square of the color tone to
duplicate. Ok try this one, I have made a transparent swatch with a
black background and white background to simulate the silver paint.?
check it out. wam"

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "will" <WILL@hummingbirdtech.COM>
> Date: June 8, 2004 6:53:03 AM PDT
> To: "Kirsten Jensen" <kirsten.jensen@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: lenses
>
> Yo, this is just about as close as I can get without affecting the
> clarity. I could just add black but that is not a transparent color.
> The only way to achieve the black you are looking for is by using
> opaque pigments, like I am using on the back piece. As you can see it
> is no longer yellowish, and as I informed you from the beginning of
> this process, I am working with a modified bronze. What happens is it
> will shift to greenish, then to bluish, then back to reddish. It took
> me an hour to try and find a pantone to match what your looking for,
> and its not what your looking for surprise!^$&*)$^
> ?If pantone doesn't have a match for your special color how can I,
> using red, blue and yellow, in a plastic material, ever get close, and
> then ever be able to do it again.?
>  ?
> I have had?to take the material off the machine again in order to
> continue making other parts. If you continue to slow our progress with
> critical perceptions that may not be necessary, I will never make a
> profit from your parts, and you will never have parts to sell.
> ?
> My normal charge for matching to such a specific color would be over
> $1500.00.? You are asking me to match any color that someone might
> decide. I believe if I were charging you for my work your idea of
> perfection might change. After matching the color I would then run
> parts.? You are not working with me. I would love to post my
> opinion?for your patrons to share.

So, what does everyone think about this?  Please let me know....ASAP.

Kirsten