Funny article

Dave Ewing wrote:

> What a putz.  Ron Wood had to ship a 1.5L carbed motor to Oregon (TT I am
> assuming).  Odd.  Anyway, still the guy is an idiot and for him to make it
> out like it was the car's fault??  If he had just done an ounce of stuff
> himself and atleast got some tools, my goodness.
>
> This kind of stuff irritates me as he had a really cool chance to do some
> fun stuff but blew it.
>
> Dave

Man, This sounds like the ol 'My 1st Scirocco' story a lot of us have.

It's too bad a let my 1st one (A 4 speed 77 I bought FOR $749 with
over heating, worn shocks, and an 8 track player) sit out in front of
the house and get towed away, never to return- for lack of electrons.

S. T. Upid.

Since then I own an 81 which is on it's 3rd engine swap (1.7 to JH to
RD) and has another half a car here in the basement awaiting
installation.

I went from letting them get towed to finding lost souls and
retrieving them to apathy in all things to a rebirth now as a Scirocco
enthusiast reborn.

I feel for the guy and all but it could have been done on the cheap w/
some planning aforethought. The basic shortcoming of experience though
is you have to go through it to get it.

TBerk
New airdam, new H&R Cup kit, some new seals and suspension bushings,
two 'race car' front seats, split rear S2 rear seat, rear disk brakes,
three point lower frame brace, re engineered rear parcel shelf,
external oil cooler- These are a few of my favorite things.