It's 12 noon and I'm still able to email?? What's w/ that??

Yup.

It's noon and I'm back here, at the homestead, calling around for 16v
front wheel bearings.

?Por que?

Cause the ones I got w/ the hubs and disk assemblies be NOT in the best
condition. Found that out while whistling the happy clam tune w/ Rhett and
the young lady accompanying him down I-74. Got about 30 mi. before I
let good sense rule and pulled over @ a rest stop.(heads up for you Cinsy
goers - Her name is Terra or Tera or some other spelling of mother earth).

So Rhett shows me the wheel shaking thing after I pull the breaker bar w/
the 30mm socket and attach it to the front axles, stand on it, and bounce
to make sure that the are tight.

3 of the wheels fail (well....show marked wobble) and the easy back one is
fixed @ the rest stop. The 2 "new" (Newly installed that is. There were no
garuantees that they would be servicable) fronts will not be so
lucky.......

Lessee.........

Bad front wheel bearings
/
30 mi. into an 8 hr. trip
*
the small paraphrased quote from Julie, "Too near Cincy to mess w/ it and
risk breaking something".
=
1 unhappy camper going home to locate parts.

I'm gonna start calling Julie, Cassandra since she seems to share some
traits (@ least for me) w/ that character.....

So here @ home wondering if this is not divine intervention to head off
some unfortunate happening like falling asleep on the road and doing
something incredibly stupid and hurtful to others.

I mean,

For want of a tight fit, a strut bearing bolt was lost.
For want of a new bearing installation, an axle was lost.
For want of an axle, perfectly good and proven drive train was lost.
For want of an uneventful ETD, much sleep was lost.

Then there's the garage door turning uber-finicky so that it will not
open/close w/o manual assistance.

Hmmmmmmmm..........It makes me wonder if I do attempt the journey if I
will later be saying, "I have no idea why I kept trying, all the signs
were there telling me to abort, but I didn't and now look @ the [bad
situation] I've created".

Anyway, Rhett and I looked @ transferring the keg to his car but since he
had complied w/ good preparedness packing a 1/2 barrel keg space was not
to be had. So I brought home the beer too.

I know, I know. You're probably saying,
"Yeah suuuuuuure you were gonna bring beer.
By the way, I love that new perpetual motion machine that you made too, it
hasn't stopped yet! (WINK)".
But since Rhett helped me load it in my car he can attest to it's existance.

The well is an arid wasteland for new front wheel bearings until TOMORROW!
Yet another omen of ill fate.

I will have to meditate and query the spirit guides (ethanol) as to my
chances for a ETD tomorrow.

You lucky bastiges!! Enjoy, even if I it turns out I can't!!

Tim

<StevenK> You're rewriting parts of Quake in *Python*?
<knghtbrd> MUAHAHAHA