question about shrouded injectors

I swapped in a JH to my '81, the little hose on the back of the head is
used to stablize the idle.  Basically when your idle drops to less than
600 rpm a little air valve, located on the end of the hose, opens and
lets in more air thus boosting the idle.   The  whole system  is dead
weight to me.  I mean if your idle drops like that you're either
stalling or you rev up the engine.

Andy