ALRIGHTY THEN Something grounding out the ign module Please Read

Well  Just  after  I've  made  the  decision to bring the  grey MK1   to
Cincy  this year,  i  have  a  problem  with  m  ignition module  heating up  to
the point  that  it  burnt my habd,  so in my testing  it  seems  that  the  #
4 wire  which should  read  12v+  is  probably  grounding out,  which is weird
 because  the  car  run  but  seems  to miss.

  Now  before  Patrick  say   get a Bently  I have  one  in fact  I have  2
and   about  6 other  manuals  which  led me to  this  spot,  I am  wondering
if anybody know  whether  there  is   any component in line or a relay  on  #
4  to the  ign mod.  which   I can check for  for  failure,

This  all  started  because  my coolant fan  stopped working  while  I  was
far from  home  so  I  jumped it to the  ign side of the  coil,  Thanks  In
advance Scott