Tires revisited

Dan Smith wrote:

> Thanks for all the reviews of tires and help but I have decided to
> consider stretching the tires. What are the pros and cons to doing
> this? What size would be good to stretch on a 16x7.5 rim?

Why would you do this?  You don't need to stretch a tire to fit a 7.5"
wide wheel and have it fit within the stock wheelwell...  The "euro
stretch" look I've seen is on WIDEASS wheels where you have to stretch
the tire in order for it to clear the (usually widened) wheel arches...

What are your reasons for WANTING to stretch the tires?  They won't
perform as well, leave the rim very vulnerable to damage, and imho it
looks like ass...

Mark.
75
77