Intelligent Fastening for Automotive Electronics

Here is an article about a technology that I'm glad is not in our
cars:

<http://smt.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm?Section=Articles&;
Subsection=Display&ARTICLE_ID=207838>

Or <http://snipurl.com/85ea>

"Airbags are exposed at the surface of the housing, allowing quick and
easy removal. Intelligent fasteners concealed in the housing deny
access to unauthorized personnel, restricting removal to authorized
technicians using proprietary codes transmitted remotely to the
fasteners."

The big auto makers dream of a day when there are no more aftermarket
steering wheels. However, no matter how difficult they make it,
someone will reverse engineer it and share it on the internet (as
opposed to sharing it and then taking it down in hissy-fit).

-Marc

'81 VW Mk1 Scirocco             Philadelphia, PA
'84 VW GTI Bunny Truck          marc@getty.net
'02 MB C230 Kompressor          AIM: DaMarcDaMarc