From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Daun Yeagley
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 6:28 AM
To: david; scirocco
Subject: Re: power steering fluid leak

--- david <pearl16v@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 88 16v 1.8l
>
> i've got a leak coming from my power steering gear
> assembly. can someone tell me if its possible to
> rebuild these things or do i need to pull one from the
> junkyard?

AFAIK, there is no rebuild kit for the PS assembly on the
Sciroccos.  Park with your wheels straight to at least slow
down the leakage....    at least that's worked for me.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.
What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen